Does my project qualify for funding?
Individuals can and are encouraged to make applications to the LEADER Rural Development programme. Individuals can make applications under the Economic Development, Enterprise Development and Job Creation Theme as well as the Rural Environment Theme.
- Must be located within the boundaries of the operational area. Please find map HERE
- Must be compliant with the Local Development Strategy. View the Local Development Strategy here
- An application must fit with one or more of the themes to be eligible. Find out more about the themes here
- There is no alternative source of funding available.
- Capacity to deliver the project has to be demonstrated.
- Evidence of proposed matching funding.
The grant rates that individuals can apply for is up to a maximum of 75% this is at the discretion of the LAG. A grant rate of up to 75% can be applied for in relation to Analysis and development projects. Again this is at the discretion of the LAG. Finally individuals can apply for up to 100% for training projects.
The LEADER Rural Development Programme is split into three themes that reflect the overarching needs of rural Ireland. An application must fit with one or more of the themes to be eligible. The themes reflect the key challenges facing rural Ireland, with regard to economic recovery, employment creation, tackling social exclusion and reducing the impact of global warming and resource depletion. Each theme contains a number of sub-themes, which are considered the key areas in need of the greatest support and have the greatest potential to promote the sustainable development of rural communities.