Does my farming project qualify for funding?
If you are a member of a farming family you can apply for funding to the LEADER 2014-2020 programme. To qualify as a member of a farm family the farm in question has to be in receipt of single farm payment.
- Must be located within the boundaries of the operational area. Please find map HERE
- Must be compliant with the Local Development Strategy. View the Local Development Strategy here
- An application must fit with one or more of the themes to be eligible. Find out more about the themes here
- There is no alternative source of funding available.
- Capacity to deliver the project has to be demonstrated.
- Evidence of proposed matching funding.
The grant rates that farm families can apply for is up to a maximum of 50% this is at the discretion of the LAG. A grant rate of up to 75% can be applied for in relation to Analysis and Development projects. Again this is at the discretion of the LAG. Finally Rural Businesses can apply for up to 100% for training projects.
The Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020 is split into three themes that reflect the overarching needs of rural Ireland. An application must fit with one or more of the themes to be eligible. The themes reflect the key challenges facing rural Ireland, with regard to economic recovery, employment creation, tackling social exclusion and reducing the impact of global warming and resource depletion. Each theme contains a number of sub-themes, which are considered the key areas in need of the greatest support and have the greatest potential to promote the sustainable development of rural communities.