We provide grant aid and support for rural Dublin projects
The main aim of LEADER is to strengthen the rural economy and to improve the quality of life in rural areas. Through focusing on the key principles of innovation, sustainability, social inclusion and economic viability and links with other organisations, LEADER can make a significant contribution to sustaining our rural economy, communities and environment, economic growth and job creation are essential to the growth of rural areas. Sustainable use of local and natural resources will improve the economic viability of rural areas in the long term.
Who We Help
Dublin Rural Leader Programme helps a number of different groups of people. Applications are sought from:
1. Individuals or a group of promoters with a viable rural enterprise idea
2. Rural Businesses/Micro/SME’s; wishing to expand, diversify or a new start-up business
3. Farm Families wishing to diversify into new activities including Artisan Foods, Rural Tourism, Farm Shop
4. Community Groups
5. Voluntary Groups
6. Social Enterprise groups promoting community enterprise
There are a number of criteria that you must meet in order to apply. We have a full page dedicated to the eligibility criteria which will help you answer the following questions:
1. Are you located in the boundaries of our operational area?
2. Are you compliant with the Local Development Strategy?
3. Does your project fit into one (or more) of our themes?
4. Do you have an alternative source of funding?
5. Do you have evidence of proposed matching funding?
6. Do you have have capacity to deliver the project?
What Funding Do We Provide
Dublin Rural Leader Programme can provide up to €200,000 grant-aid per project, as LEADER funding is not intended for major projects.
Exceptional community projects can qualify for a higher grant but require prior approval from the Department of Rural and Community Development. The maximum grant amount for analysis and Development projects is €30,000.
The Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020 is split into three themes that reflect the overarching needs of rural Ireland. The themes reflect the key challenges facing rural Ireland, with regard to economic recovery, employment creation, tackling social exclusion and reducing the impact of global warming and resource depletion. Each theme contains a number of sub-themes, which are considered the key areas in need of the greatest support and have the greatest potential to promote the sustainable development of rural communities.
Dublin Rural Leader programme has a project implementation fund of €4.83million. An application must fit with one or more of the themes to be eligible. This will be allocated across the 3 themes as follows:
|1. Economic Development|
|Rural Towns||266, 905|
|2. Social Inclusion|
|Provision of basic services targeted at ‘hard to reach’ communities||1,075,011|
|3. Rural Environment|
|Protection and sustainable use of water resources||299,168|
|Protection and improvement of local biodiversity||298,000|
|Development of renewable energy||597,289|